Re-examining of Ambedkarite Propaganda against Lord Rama
Dr Vivek Arya
A new trend emerged these days especially by Ambedkar/ Communist/ Atheist lobby in Social media.
Whatever legacy and heritage we feel pride in Hinduism is being dishonored by giving irrelevant arguments. One such waste effort is related to Demon Rawan who was killed by Lord Ram on Vijay Dashmi Day. The story of Ramayana is widely known through ages. Lord Rama killed Demon Rawan who was cruel and abducted his wife Sita.
A small story is being propagated in support of Rawan. This story is about a dialogue between a pregnant daughter and her Mother.
A pregnant mother asked her daughter, “What do u want- a brother or a sister?”
Mother: Like whom?
Daughter: Like Rawan
Mother: What the hell are you saying? Are you out of your mind?
Daughter: Why mom? He left all his royal ship and kingdom, all because his sister was disrespected. Even after picking up his enemy’s wife, he didn’t ever touch her.
Why wouldn’t I want to have a brother like him?
What would I do with a brother like the one who left his pregnant wife just after listening to a “Dhobi” though his wife always stood by his side like a shadow?
Mom! Being a wife, after giving “Agni Preeksha” and suffering 14 years of exile, how can you live with the blot of having lived with another man” and until when will you keep on asking for a “RAM” as your son???
Mother was in tears…
I will ask the author of this post few doubts regarding Personality of Rawan
1. Was Rawan a fool that he let his sister Shurpnakha to wander in the forest? Was he unaware that she is characterless?
Do you want such brother who allows you adultery?
2. Was Rawan such an ignorant that he kidnapped Sita on provocation of Shurpnakha? He did not even investigated the full case and acted like an ignorant?
Do you want a brother who is such blind and deaf?
3. Rawan got his army and family killed by the hands of Lord Rama.
Do you want such a foolish brother who destroyed his kingdom for satisfying the lust o his sister?
4. Rawan was such a fool that he ignored noble advice of his wife Mandodari to return Sita.
Do you want such a brother who never listen the fair advice of his wife?
5. Rawan was such a fool that in spite of being scholar of Vedas but he did not followed the advice of Vedas. He did biggest mistake of his life by kidnapping a women.
Do you want such a fool as your brother who in spite of scholarly knowledge does not follow it? Even Lord Rama was scholar of Vedas. Being a scholar and following it practically in daily life are two different aspects.
6. Rawan was such a fool that he allowed his demons to pollute Yajnas by throwing meat and bones.
Do you want such a brother who spoilsYajnas?
7. Rawan was such a fool that he spoiled his father name. He belonged to a family of sages . His grand father was Rishi and learned scholar.
Do you want such brother who spoils his family name and fame?
8. Rawan was such a fool that he ignored the noble advice of Lord Ram. He abducted his wife and started war with him.
Do you want such an ignorant as your brother who is unable to make choice between right and wrong?
9. Rawan was such a fool that he spoiled his name forever. Even today no one wants to name his kids as Rawan. Rawan name is considered as a synonym for a fallen and immoral person .
Do you want such a brother whose name Rawan is now idolized for someone who is tyrant.
10. The story of Ram exile to Sita on recommendation of a dhobi is irrelevant as its part of Uttar Ramayana which is again adulterated portion of Ramayana. We consider this as fake and interpolated. Something fake cannot be considered as authority to examine Lord Rama. So, it’s not relevant off course.
11. Do you know that Rawan killed husband of Shurpnakha after argument and made her widow. Do you want such a Husband who will make you widow?
12. Someone says me that Shahjahan was a great lover. He build Taj Mahal in memory of his wife Mumtaj Mahal after her demise. I say Lord Ram was greatest lover. He searched his kidnapped wife. He built an impossible bridge over the ocean to kill Rawan. He punished the culprit and set an ideal example for ages.
Is there another example in whole history of mankind to compare the effort done by Lord Ram?
In reality Rawan was a characterless, drunkard, cruel, deceiver, insidious, tricky and disrespectful person.
Even if you want such a demon as your brother than the most appropriate word for you is fool!
About Attached Pic
Dr. V.B. Kolte has written a book named "Mahatma Ravan" (The Great Ravan) This book questions "Was Ravana really bad?" and then author explains as if Ravan was a great personality. He also claims that Ravana is known as bad person because of Valmiki as he has written false Ramayana. Dr. Kolte does not care to give any strong evidence to prove his opinion. His book is a baseless imaginary story .Its written with specific aim of create confusion about Shri Rama's greatness and divinity.